Whitley was the setting for many of my fondest memories & some lasting friendships from my Uni days. To mention just a few of the ‘more shareable’ memories:
- The atmosphere which was created in a small, and quite new, institution provided the opportunity to get to know everyone … even the ‘theologs’.
- Several carloads heading off at midnight to TOTOS …. for the best pizza in town.
- The ‘unceremonious’ uses of the fountain in the central courtyard … & other entertainment provided for those with inward facing rooms.
- Winning the 2nd Division College football final in a canter in ’69 & gaining second place in the Prosh Week trike race from Portsea.
- Many lengthy philosophical / political / etc. discussions in student rooms lasting into the wee small hours.